It is not easy to sell on Amazon, especially when you have to talk to Seller Central Support regarding listing issues back and forth a million times.
This is why this e-commerce giant gives third-party sellers an option to enroll in the SAS (Strategic Account Services) core program and work with a designated account manager. This service, according to Amazon, will provide Amazon sellers with personalized insights and recommendations, operational support, keeping updated on the latest seller offerings, and issue assistance.
Throughout this article, we will delve into this program and explain what it can offer to third-party sellers. We will also discuss whether it is worthwhile to invest in this program since it is not cheap.
So, let’s jump into the fascinating world of this program and discover all it has to offer.
Strategic Account Service (SAS) core is a program provided by Amazon for third-party sellers. If you are enrolled in this program, you will have your account manager, who is a trusted advisor inside Amazon.
Strategic Account Managers are assigned to participate in a close partnership with businesses, offering tailored guidance in areas like listing issue fixing, inventory management, advertising strategies, and marketplace promotions.
Their goals include improving the sellers’ brand visibility on the platform, driving sales growth, and ensuring a seamless customer experience.
By joining Amazon SAS Core, businesses gain access to customized strategies and support, allowing them to enhance their performance on the platform and, ultimately, increase their online presence and profitability.
Here are what third-party sellers can obtain from this program:
- Account management: Dedicated support to assist sellers in making informed decisions and optimizing their sales.
- Strategic guidance: Tailored recommendations that enable businesses to grow and excel in the marketplace.
- Operational support: Expedited issue resolutions and prime access to new Amazon programs and features.
With Amazon SAS Core, sellers receive a crucial competitive edge that bolsters their strategies and strengthens their presence on the platform. The service fosters efficiency and growth by helping streamline operations, optimize product listings, and execute data-driven decisions that propel businesses forward.
Account Managers inside Amazon can propel your e-commerce business to new heights. The expertise and resources they provide are invaluable assets. In this section, we discuss why partnering with a designated Account Manager is a wise decision for your business.
Amazon Account Managers are Amazon employees, and they are experts in e-commerce and are well-versed in Amazon’s marketplace. Their primary responsibilities include helping businesses drive growth, improve performance, and optimize their presence on the platform. They achieve this by:
- Analyzing your current account performance and identifying areas for improvement.
- Developing customized growth strategies based on your business goals and objectives.
- Providing guidance on best practices, tools, and resources available to you as a seller on Amazon.
Amazon Account Managers are highly skilled professionals with extensive knowledge of the e-commerce industry, ensuring that they can provide valuable insights and strategic advice. Their expertise is demonstrated by:
- Their background is in e-commerce, marketing, and account management.
- Their successful track record of helping businesses improve their Amazon presence.
- The knowledge they possess about Amazon’s complex ecosystem allows them to navigate through its rules and guidelines effectively.
While partnering with an Amazon Account Manager can significantly benefit your business, it’s crucial to acknowledge their limitations:
- They do not have direct control over essential platform features like search algorithms or customer reviews.
- Their methods and advice may not apply universally, as each business’s needs and goals can vary greatly.
- Depending on their workload, they may not always be able to provide instant support or guidance. Normally, SAS Core account managers will have to deal with multiple selling accounts at the same time, usually between 12~15.
Despite these limitations, collaborating with an Amazon Account Manager remains a valuable opportunity for businesses seeking to improve their presence on the platform and achieve success in the e-commerce space.
Having your own account manager sounds like a decent plan; however, is it really worthwhile to join this program?
SAS Core is not cheap. Actually, the fee is quite high and is almost impossible for new sellers to afford.
The cost for SAS Core is $1,600/month + 0.3% of your total sales in the previous calendar month + tax. Fees in any month will cap at $5,000.
It’s important to carefully consider the potential return on investment for your business before committing to this expense.
Not everyone can join Amazon’s SAS Core program. They must meet the following criteria:
- Have an active professional selling account
- Sell in the US store
- If you own multiple accounts, you will be designated multiple managers rather than just one
Here are the advantages you can obtain from this program:
- Receive personalized support and assistance from dedicated Amazon employees
- Gain access to advanced tools and data-driven insights to boost sales and optimize listings
- Priority access to new programs and exclusive Amazon events
- The Account Manager can work on the tasks you assigned to them. For instance, if you are good at listing creation but find it time-consuming to work on listing upload and catalog optimization, you can ask your account manager to do so
Here are the drawbacks you need to keep in mind when working with your own account manager:
- Not every seller is eligible to participate in SAS Core. Only those with professional selling accounts and who sell in the US are eligible.
- The cost can be prohibitive and should be carefully weighed against the potential benefits and returns
- Some sellers may find the required level of involvement from their account manager to be invasive or time-consuming
If you decide that SAS Core is not the right fit for your business, you can cancel the program by contacting your Account Manager inside Amazon. They will guide you through the cancellation process and address any concerns or questions you may have.
You can also cancel the enrollment via Seller Central. Find the “Programs” tab in Seller Central and click on “Premium Services.” Find “Manage” and click on “Cancel Program.
The sellers should note that there is a three-month minimum contract period. Therefore, one can not cancel enrollment in this three-month period.
E-commerce experts understand the significance Amazon SAS Core offers to businesses looking to thrive in an increasingly competitive market. With a foundation in tactical strategies and tailored solutions, Amazon SAS Core has the potential to significantly streamline your Amazon Account management.
There are several compelling reasons why Amazon SAS Core is an indispensable tool for businesses in the e-commerce space:
- Personalized strategies that align with unique business goals
- Expert recommendations to optimize product listings and maximize visibility
- Access to valuable insights to drive informed decision-making
By integrating Amazon SAS Core into their e-commerce toolkit, businesses can better navigate the Amazon platform, tap into new opportunities, and ultimately achieve lasting success. However, its high cost should be taken into consideration, and maybe hard for those who have just started selling to afford it.
Signing up for the Amazon SAS Core program is simple. Visit the Amazon Services website, and navigate to the Strategic Account Services section. Complete the enrollment form, and an Amazon representative will contact you about the next steps.
Amazon SAS Core pricing is high. It charges $1,600 per month plus 0.3% of the total sales of your last calendar month.
Yes, Amazon Account Managers included in the SAS Core program are highly trained e-commerce professionals with extensive experience in helping businesses succeed on Amazon’s platform. Their knowledge and expertise are valuable assets for optimizing and growing your business on Amazon.
No, it is currently only available for US sellers.
Amazon SAS Core focuses on supporting sellers and vendors on Amazon by providing dedicated account management, strategic insights, and growth planning. On the other hand, Amazon Vendor Services are designed specifically for businesses selling to Amazon directly, offering various marketing and advertising solutions to enhance product visibility and sales performance.